Growing up in today’s world is not easy. Girl’s lives are saturated with stressors, negative influences, and outside pressures more often and at younger ages than ever before. Girls face particularly unique challenges relating to self esteem, relationships with peers and adults, positive decision making, and finding their place in the world.
Check out some research and findings by the Girl Scouts Research Institute around these issues:
- Physical and Mental Health
- Female Growth and Development
- Substance Abuse and Use
- Safety and Bullying
Want to learn more about how to help girls Grow Strong? Take a look at Girl Scouts of Northern California’s partnership with the Thrive Foundation for Youth.
Working on a Journey and Want to Incorporate Growing Strong? We Have Some Great Resources:
- Its Your Planet, Love It! - Daisy, Brownie, Junior Girl Scouts can incorporate Healthy Habits and Fitness here
- Its Your World, Change It! - Cadettes working on the aMAZE Journey can incorporate GSUSA’s Anti Bullying Program, Be A Friend First (BFF) here and Sister to Sister, The Darker Side of Friendship here.
- It’s Your Story, Tell it! - is all about Growing Strong!