2013 Year End Appeal
Our Girl Scouts are Changing Themselves,
Our Communities, and Our World
Join our Campaign For Girls - Invest in Tomorrow’s Leaders
Larissa: Changing Myself
At the start of her freshman year in high school, Larissa’s world turned upside down – she and her four younger siblings were removed from their home by Child Protective Services. Read Larissa's story ...
Brenda: Changing My Community
For Brenda, it was simple. Girl Scout mentors changed her life, and she wanted to pass it on. Read Brenda's story ...
Sricharana – Changing The World
Sri couldn’t shake the image: African children who walked hours each day carrying water to their village. There were no classes at school, no opportunities, no childhood games – just the daily, six-hour trek to the nearest source of water. Read Sri's story ...
Why We Need the Campaign for Girls
For 101 years, Girl Scouts has provided girls like Larissa, Brenda, and Sri with more ways to learn and lead that any other organization.
To celebrate Girl Scouting’s 100th anniversary, we launched the Campaign for Girls in March 2012. As we enter year three of the campaign, we have raised $8.4 million dollars – 42% of our goal!
With your help, Girl Scouts of Northern California’s Campaign for Girls will raise $20 million that will benefit our 50,000 girl members – and thousands more who have yet to experience all Girl Scouting has to offer – around three strategic goals:
- Inspire Leadership Through Innovative Programs
Providing opportunities in science, technology, ecology, and leadership programs like Sri’s Gold Award project.
- Advance Girl Scouting Through Multi-Cultural Outreach
Helping girls in under-resourced communities and at-risk populations, including girls like Larissa in Got Choices.
- Improve Camps & Outdoor Program Centers
Allowing girls, like Brenda at Camp CEO, to discover themselves, connect with nature, and build courage and confidence.
Everything we do for girls depends on our supporters – those who believe girls have unlimited potential, and that Girl Scouting is the best way for girls to tap into that.
Imagine the Change Your Gift Could Inspire …
- $15 could cover membership dues for a girl who can’t afford to join Girl Scouts.
- $50 could pay for two girls to get the materials to guide them with the community service project that helps them earn Girl Scouts’ highest honor, the Gold Award.
- $100 could purchase Breathe Journey air quality guides that start 12 girls on the path to being protectors of our planet.
- $200 could provide a basic robotics kit to start a new robotics team that increases girls’ interest in STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics).
- $500 could sponsor a daughter of a farm worker to go to resident camp where she’ll grow confident, make friends, and expand her horizons.
- $1,000 could allow us to start a Leader-in-Training program so older girls can learn to run a troop and carry the volunteer legacy forward as adults.
Partner with us in the Campaign for Girls and change the life of just one girl, or an entire generation. Learn how here.