- Choices Activity Guide
- Core Program: Business Smarts
- Core Program: Girls Go Tech
- Core Program: Green By Nature
- Core Program: Growing Strong
- Core Program: Hispanic Initiative
- Council News
- Council's Own
- Featured Events
- Financial Aid
- Girl Scout Days
- Girl Scout Discounts
- Girl Scouts Thrive!
- Interest Groups
- Museums & Historic Uniforms
- Pen Pal Network
- Service Projects
Celebrate National CampRocks Day March 26!
Did you know that March 26 is National CampRocks Day? Well, it’s actually Make Up Your Own Holiday Day, and we think that Girl Scouts NorCal’s camps are SOOOO amazing that they deserve their very own day of celebration!
Girl Scouts of Northern California has dedicated this day, March 26, to celebrate all camps in our Council – from our amazing Volunteer Run Camps to our exciting Council Run Camps. Camp registration is in full swing now at CampRocks.org, where girls and their families are signing up to make new camp memories as we speak!
As Girl Scout alumnae, volunteers, members, and families, you know that camp is a longstanding and much-loved Girl Scout tradition, so we want you to help celebrate CampRocks Day with us! We’ve got all kinds of fun ways for you to participate by sharing photos, camp memories, videos, and more on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and other social media – and we’ve got great prizes including one of the new Girl Scout Centennial Silver Dollars, discount coupons for camp, and more!
Start Celebrating CampRocks Now!
We love camp so much that we’re encouraging everyone to start celebrating with us now! Note: make sure that any girls shown in photos or videos are photo released.
- Share Camp Photos! Share your photos on GirlScoutsNorCal’s brand-new Instagram plus Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest! Take a picture wearing a camp shirt from a GSNorCal camp, holding a National CampRocks Day sign (which we’ll post online and on social media next week) – or even a vintage photo from your camping days as a girl! Post it on your social media, and tag us!
- Instagram: Tag @girlscoutsnorcal and use hashtag #camprocksday
- Facebook: Tag Camp Rocks! with GS NorCal or post to our CampRocks Facebook page at facebook.com/CampRocksGSNorCal
- Twitter: Tag @gsncCampRocks and use hashtag #camprocksday
- Pinterest: Tag @GSNorCal and use hashtag #camprocksday
- Camp Song Videos! Make a video of you or you and friends singing your favorite camp song! We’ll post video to our Girl Scouts Speak Out Channel on YouTube! Once you upload your video to YouTube, send the URL to Marcom-Logos@girlscoutsnorcal.org.
- Like Us on Facebook for a Chance to Win! Add a post or photo too on National CampRocks day... And be entered in a drawing for a gift certificate to camp, camp t-shirts, stickers and other awesome camp gear!
- Camp Recipes on Pinterest! Find your favorite photo of a camp recipe and pin it on Pinterest, using @GSNorCal and use hashtag #camprocksday
Celebrate CampRocks for Chances to Win March 26!
- Do you LOVE camp? Even if you've only camped with your troop, if you have a story to tell about how camping has influenced you ... Post a YouTube video on National CampRocks Day, March 26, telling us about how camp has given you courage, confidence, and character -- and we'll send you the cool new CampRocks sticker! Send your YouTube URL to Marcom-Logos@girlscoutsnorcal.org so we can share it on our Girl Scouts Speak Out YouTube Channel.
- Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/CampRocksGSNorCal. Add a post or photo too on National CampRocks Day, March 26, and be entered in a drawing for a gift certificate to camp, camp T-shirts, stickers, and other awesome camp gear!
- For a chance to win a new Girl Scout Centennial Silver Dollar: Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/CampRocksGSNorCal AND send us a photo of holding an “I love CampRocks!” sign and/or a short testimonial about why you love camp or how it is impacted your life. All entries on March 26 will be included in a drawing for a new Girl Scout Centennial Silver Dollar.
If you haven’t already taken a look at the amazing summer programs being offered at CampRocks.org for 2013, click here to learn more! Girls do not have to be a Girl Scout to register for camp, and we even have payment plans! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
We can’t wait to see and hear about the impact camp has had on you, your friends and campmates, and your own girls as we celebrate the first-ever National CampRocks Day March 26!