2015 Cookie Shopping Bag Design Contest!
Girls, Have Your Design Featured! Deadline July 7, 2014!
We will once again be providing troops with a special incentive for cookie buyers in our 2015 Cookie Sale! Customers who buy 5 or more boxes will receive a free reusable shopping bag with purchase (while supplies last). So, once again, we’re having a council-wide contest for girls to design these bags!
Here’s what you need to know:
- We’re looking for original, girl-drawn artwork to feature on our 2015 Girl Scout Cookie reusable shopping bags.
- We’ll choose 3 finalists per each of our 5 areas of GSNorCal: North Coast, North Central, Redwoods, East Bay/Solano, and South Bay/Peninsula. Those finalists will then be posted online and on our social media for members to vote on 1 winner from each area. The 5 designs with the highest number of votes (one from each area) will be printed on our shopping bags!
- Artwork must be hand drawn, not computer generated, and submitted as a high resolution PDF. The artwork needs to fill a space that is 10” x 10”. The shopping bag will be an off-white color, and girl design can be full color.
- The artwork must illustrate the Girl Scout mission: building girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place. You can use Girl Scout Cookies in your design, but the only cookie name you can use is Thin Mints.
- You MUST include your council area name in the subject line of the email (see council area map). Girls should submit their original design in PDF form by July 7, 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our panel of judges will choose 3 finalists from each area July 7-9. Then, our council membership will vote from those finalists to decide the 5 designs from July 10-14. The 5 winners (one from each area) will be announced by July 16.
Girl Scouts of Northern California's 2014 Cookie Season has Come to a Close.
A HUGE thank you to our generous cookie customers, amazing cookie-selling girls, their supportive families, and our incredibly dedicated volunteers for all you've done for the 2014 Cookie Season!
Watch for Girl Scouts in your community during the fall for our Fall Nut and Magazine Sale!
Cookie Program: Your Resources!
Watch for resources for volunteers as we get closer to our 2015 Cookie Sale!
Girl Scouts is the leading Entrepreneurship Program for girls, where they learn 5 key skills that will benefit them for a lifetime: Goal Setting, Decision Making, Money Management, People Skills, and Business Ethics. Cookies benefit our community in the following ways:
- Families can use Cookie Rewards to extend their budget!
- Troops earn proceeds for Girl Scout activities.
- Council receives funding for the development and delivery of Girl Scout Program to all girls in our council.
- Our communities are supported by our girls’ service and Gift of Caring program.